Monday, October 19, 2009

The Untimely Demise of Miss Gorgeous

My oldest son had some sad, sad news to share the other night. I asked him how his girlfriend, Gorgeous, was doing. Her full name is, (well, was) Gorgeous Countess. How does my son even know what a Countess is? Did he hear me trash talking about obnoxious socialites from my guilty pleasure, The Real Housewives of New York? Anyhow, back to the issue at hand. Gorgeous Countess has died. What? Little Man told me that "Gorgeous died. She got old. She went to see Grandma Betty in Heaven." Ugh, this conversation was doing downhill and dark fast. I was happy that it was old age that got Gorgeous and not something else. I asked how old she was and Little man said, "137". Well, I'm not happy to know that Gorgeous is gone, but it's interesting that my 3 year-old could have had a father-in-law that fought in the civil war.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only ask that you keep it clean, nice and respectful.