Saturday, November 21, 2009

As Easy as 1-2-3

My son has always been a great dancer. He LOVES to move and groove to music. Since he was just an infant, he was most happy when we were moving around, dancing together to a variety of tunes. He is the first one, despite normally being pretty shy, to stand up and dance in school or a group. And I have to say, he has some pretty good moves! Little Man has rhythm. I don't know where in his genetic code this was passed down because his father and I look like we're being stung by swarm of killer bees everything we "feel" the music. He is good. Lately, Little Man has been obsessed with Power Rangers. He has certain "karate" moves that he busts out when he is fighting the bad guys. It is quite cute and entertaining.

Yesterday, I took Little Man out to lunch and on the way home, "Boom Boom Pow" by Black Eyed Peas came on the radio. To say that Little Man loved it, is putting it mildly. He was moving away in his car seat and had all the right facial expressions to match. He asked me to buy it when we got home. As we entered the house, he told me he had a dance to teach me. Oy Vey. So I asked Little Man the name of this dance, it's "Flipping the Kick". Okay, so here is what I got down, exactly, per his instructions, "You put two fingers on the ground, like this,Mommy. Put your fingers down and do a kick, one, two times. Jump into the sky, roll over and flip, like this. You have to do this 3, 4 times. Maybe two ones. And then you kick the bad guy, jump up and flip into the car. Flip inside and then flip over the car, 5,6,7,8, 9 times. Okay? Then throw your jacket off, Mommy, throw is off and then spin around and around. And then, after you spin and flip, stop to break it down (at this point he stops and shakes his butt, HA! Break it down, I love it!). Okay, break it down like this (continues booty shake). And then kick one more time and put your fingers into the sky." Sounds easy enough...now let Mommy try.

A little back story before I go on to embarrass myself, I am in physical therapy for problems with my sciatica nerve. Yes, this is probably the same pain that you hear your 80-something year-old grandma complain about. I'm having problems due to the devastation that was inflicted upon my pelvis birthing my two huge boys. My pelvis separated and now the joints are loose and uneven. Ouch. Make that a double. Lately, I am hobbling and crawling around the house (seriously, I'm hurtin'), so trying to keep up with a 3 year-old's dance moves probably isn't smart. So, I decide to try anyway. I flip and twirl on the ground when "ZAP!" an excruciating bolt of pain shoots down my right leg, leaving me whimpering on the floor. Little Man checks on me and I recover. Five minutes later, Little Man is dancing away when he stops and falls to the ground and yells, "OUCH, I'M OLD!" This is how my kids see me! Not a hip and fit mommy, but a pathetic bag of old meat crying on the floor. On that note, time to go exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only ask that you keep it clean, nice and respectful.